What is a Canada Open Work Permit?
An open work visa grants a person permission to enter Canada and work without having a job secured beforehand. You are not obliged to meet the same criteria as those who have other work licences since this is not a job-specific permit. This does not apply to businesses that paid a compliance fee to demonstrate that they did not use the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or that they have offered jobs to qualified candidates without the use of the LMIA. Although it is not accessible to everyone, open work permits are a possibility.
Who can opt for an Open Work Permit?
- Permanent residence applicants who applied to an office in Canada.
- Dependent family members of permanent residence applicants.
- Spouses/common-law partners of workers or international students
- Refugees, refugee claimants whose cases have not yet been heard or decided upon.
- Some young workers are participants in special programs.
What are the Types of Open Work Permits?
- Unrestricted – allows foreign nationals to work in any location for various occupations.
- Restricted – It works well for the restricted occupation or location.
In the event of a limited open work permit, the person may be subject to occupational limitations depending on their medical condition, as well as geographic restrictions based on the applicant’s category. A person with a bridging open work permit and is a provincial nominee class applicant, may be limited within the province.
Difference between an Open Work Permit and a Closed Work Permit in Canada?
An open work permit permits foreign workers to visit Canada and work for an employer or position. A closed work permit allows working for a specific employer.
Are you a Good Candidate for an Open Work Permit?
- A Bridging Open Work Permit may be obtained if you are a permanent residence candidate who has had a job in Canada that will expire before your application is granted. This will enable you to “bridge” the gap between the expiration of your prior permission and your application for permanent residency without having to leave the country. You must verify that you are eligible to do so.
- Young employees who are eligible for programs such as working holidays may utilise the open work visa to acquire job and living experience in Canada. However, you must first verify that your country of origin is listed as an eligible participant in the programme and that you fulfil all of the program’s requirements.
You must fulfil all of the fundamental criteria for residing in Canada, regardless of how you apply for an open work visa. All paperwork must be correct and in order, yet inadmissibility may still occur due to a variety of reasons.
If you wish to know more about open work permits then you may consult Canadian immigration consultants in Dubai. We, at Giant Migration, can help you make the right choice of visa type and assist you in your immigration process. Connect with us, now!