Various international students who migrate to Australia wish to stay back to work and live in the country after completion of their studies. This is because Australia offers immense work opportunities, high standards of living, and the chance to build a flourishing career. Working and living in Australia is possible only after students obtain their PR ( Permanent Residency), which is why they consult the best immigration consultants in Dubai for obtaining their visas.
A skilled independent visa is considered the best way for foreign national students to secure their permanent residency in Australia after they complete their education. So, if you wish to get a PR, your approval for the General skilled Migration category visa (the Skilled Independent Visa) will depend on how well you score in the Points Test. Below listed are a few ways you can boost your scores in the test-
- Work post-studies in Australia– After the completion of your program, staying back in Australia will help you get more time to get job experience and brush up on your language skills. By securing a Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485), you can remain in the country for 18 months.
- Increase your qualifications– Increasing your level of qualifications can help you score better on the points test. For example, while taking up diploma and trade degrees can help you earn 10 points on the test scores, bachelor’s degrees will give you 15 points.
- Language proficiency– Applicants for the skilled independent visa are required to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language. This proficiency will benefit you as scoring higher can help you earn more points.
- Opting for Regional Universities- Completing your education in a regional area will give you some benefits when you apply for a Permanent Residency Visa. If you have lived in a specified regional area for 2 years and have worked there for 12 months, you become eligible to apply for the Skilled Regional Visa i.e., Subclass 887.
- Age Factor- Age has a large impact on the scores of an individual in the points test. Individuals between the ages of 25 and 32 points are allotted 30 points; however, people who are 45 years old and above don’t get any points at all. Therefore, it is important that you try to time your application with that in mind.
- Job Experience- Even one year of work experience in Australia after your education’s completion will help you earn 5 additional points on the test. More the experience in your chosen field, the more points you are awarded. This is why foreign-national students need to gain some work experience, either while studying or after the degree’s completion.
Hopefully, the information provided above will help you gain more points for your PR. And, if you require additional assistance and guidance from experts, Giant migration can help. As the leading Australian immigration consultants in Dubai, we assist students to attain their PR after the completion of their studies in the most seamless way. Connect with us to know more about our visa services.